top of page

Eat out of takeaway containers or drink from plastic bottles? You are ingesting microplastics daily

Updated: Feb 3

Eat out of takeaway containers

Are You Consuming Microplastics Unknowingly?

You might be ingesting microplastics on a daily basis without even realizing it. This is because you might be eating from takeaway containers or drinking from plastic bottles that contain microplastics. Microplastics are small plastic particles that are less than 5mm in size and are present in many everyday items, including cosmetics, clothing, and food packaging.

According to a recent study, people could be consuming up to 5 grams of microplastics every week, which is equivalent to the weight of a credit card. This is a concerning issue, as the long-term effects of ingesting microplastics are still unknown.

It's crucial to understand that microplastics are not biodegradable and can remain in the environment for hundreds of years. They can also cause harm to marine life and other wildlife, as they can be mistaken for food and ingested by animals.

In conclusion, to reduce your exposure to microplastics, it's recommended to limit your use of single-use plastics and opt for reusable containers and water bottles. Additionally, try to buy products that are packaged in materials that do not contain microplastics, such as glass or paper. By making these simple changes, you can help reduce the amount of microplastics in the environment and lower your exposure to this potential health risk.

6 views0 comments


Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page